So you’ve been enjoying this blog and picking up great tips from our NSPRA members who are social media experts, but you need a little more – some in-person guidance.
Once again, NSPRA has the solution.
This summer’s NSPRA Seminar in Chicago will have several great sessions on social media. There are offerings designed to either get you up and running with these new tools or take your understanding to the next level if you are already comfortable with the basics.
- There will be a pre-seminar session from Cody Cunningham and Terry Morawski called “Mobile Apps Strategy in School Communications.”
- Another pre-seminar session from Dana VanDen Heuvel will focus on “Social Media Strategy for School Districts.”
- VanDen Heuvel will also offer a session during the seminar called “What Every School District Needs to Know About Social Media.”
- One of the contributers to this blog, Evelyn McCormack, will present “Connecting Your Social Media.”
- Joseph Donzelli and Robert Dodig, Esq. will present “How to Use Social Media Properly.”
- Terri McHugh, APR will present “I Know How to Tweet, But Not What to Say – Social Media Content.”
- Shelly Hickman and Kathleen Kennedy, APR will present “Don’t Suppress Your APPetite: Tell Your Story to Everyone, Everywhere, Anytime!”
- Another of our blog contributers, Shane Haggerty, along with Erika Daggett, will present “Stepping Into Social Media: A School District Case Study.”
- McHugh will present another session with John Rork called “Blog Is Not a Bad Word – Design a User-Friendly Website.”
- Meg Carnes, APR and Kitty Porterfield will present “Ten Things Your Superintendent Needs to Know About Social Media.”
- Elise Shelton and Andrew Pitt will present “Making Web-Based Video an Essential Tool in School Communications.”
- John Moss will present “Using Video Productions and Smart-Phone APPs to Tell Your Story.”
- A.J. Huff wil present “Student Blogging for School Pride and High School Credit.”
- Jennifer Woodley will present “You Have a Friend Request.”
- And Annette Eyman and Kala Morrissey will offer an action lab on “Using Social Media to Improve Your Communication.”
Of course, there are dozens of offerings from national experts on all kinds of issues, so no matter your school PR question, you will find answers at this seminar.