I admit it — I’m a nerd. I’m excitedly planning my trip to the 2013 NSPRA Seminar in San Diego and I’ve already printed out the NSPRA Seminar at a Glance document from the NSPRA website and started highlighting the sessions I want to attend.
Even if you’re not as big a nerd as I am, you can benefit from my geekiness. I’ve pulled out all the social media sessions for your consideration. It seems like this year, NSPRA is taking social media past the basics and up to the next level.
Saturday, July 6:
- Pre-seminar workshop: “Rise of the Mobile App: Mobile App Strategy in School Communications” — Cody Cunningham and Terry Morawski
Monday, July 8:
- “Beyond Twitter Basics: Developing an Effective Strategy for Twitter Success” ― Erika Daggett
- “Policy Recommendations to Guide Social Media Interactions for Public Educators” ― Stephanie Smith, Ed.D. and Virginia Conover, Ed.D.
- “Social Media for Schools: Diving Beyond ‘Should We?’ Discussions” ― Dustin Senger
Tuesday, July 9:
- “Dynamic, Digital, Mobile School Communication: There’s an App for That!” ― Mary Todoric and Mick Torres
- “Surviving Social Media Scorn: What To Do When Negative News Goes Viral” ― Laurel Heiden and David Richardson
Wednesday, July 10:
- “Facebook Forward – Expanding to Your Schools” ― Lauri Pyatt and Elaine Watkins-Miller